November 11, 2009

Instant Rabdi

My daughter does not like milk and refuses to drink it. Every morning this is the conversation we have:

D, drink your milk
No
D, drink your milk please
Nnnnno
D, DRINK YOUR MILK
Nooooooo
After 40 minutes, "D, FINISH YOUR MILK. RIGHT NOW"

 She likes other milk products though like cheese and yogurt. And she loves desserts like kheer and custard. Oh well, I guess I should be happy that she eats stuff made from milk! I was looking through my recipe books for some quick recipe for her evening snack when I came across this instant rabdi recipe by Tarla Dalal. This can be made in a jiffy. I reduced the sweetness and did not add cornflour as I wanted the rabdi to be liquidy.

Instant Rabdi



 2 cups milk
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
5-6 almonds, lightly toasted for garnishing

Boil the milk. Reduce heat, add bread crumbs, condensed milk and cardamom powder and stir for 6-8 minutes. Divide into bowls, and sprinkle with chopped almonds. Serve chilled or warm. You can also chop up some dates and raisins and add to the rabdi.

No comments:

Post a Comment